Monday 11 May 2009

Bills Bills Bills

Just a quick post to make you aware of some of the problems sharing the bills can cause if you're co-habiting. I slipped up in my first year but got wise in my final years, hopefully I can save you the hassle.

The main problem with sharing the bills is the fact that you may end up paying for stuff you never used. My old flat mates werent as bothered as me about turning lights off, leaving taps running etc. When I wanted to save, they just didnt care and so I wasnt saving at all. I was in fact paying for their lazy backsides!

It could have been worse, I could have taken the bills out in my name, something I would strongly advise against. I lived with 5 people bill paying was a constant source of arguements. The billpayer would attempt to collect the money together and guess what? more often than not someone couldnt weigh in with the wedge. Thats bad enough in itself but failing to pay bills will have a negative affect on your credit rating, something you certainly will need in the future.

Any thoughts or stories?? Love to hear them!
Until next time, take it easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment